Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Elizabeth Arden Haul - Part I

So my skin was looking a little down and I wanted to keep my New Years Resolution and look after my skin. I therefore wanted to invest in some quality skin care product. I remembered my mother using Elizabeth Arden and decided to give it a try! I brought some amazing skin care products from their website and got tonnes of goodies to go along with it. (I have been using the products for over a month, so if the stuff looks used there is a reason why but believe me it was all shiny and new looking when it arrived)! 

hope you enjoy my review of my big haul! Please leave your comments, subscribe and don't forget to check out my other blogs!!!


So this is what I intially planned on buying: It was a four piece set (the ceramide cleanser not in the pictures) at $72 (value - $131) I think it was a great way to try out the line without having to spend a lot of money. 


I love this cream, I like that it has SPF and it is non greasy yet moisturizing. My skin needs hydration during winter and a lot of it so this perfect for me and the SPF prevents hyper-pigmentation which is another one of my big skin concerns. So this is great and I have been using it for about a month and I still have a lot left. A little goes a long way and you can easily use this for a good 2-3 months. 

I like the way the eye cream feels and i have seen a reduction in the over all darkness around my eyes (being in grad school can do that to you). I haven't seen it do anything for my puffiness but truth be told I haven't been using it as regularly and I really need to start using it more regularly. 

The Third item in the box was the ceramide capsules which i call a miracle treatment! It goes on smooth and makes my skin feel  smooth and silky instantly! I love love love this product. 


The last product in the box was a cleanser and I have been using it although I usually don't use anything besides baby oil to clean my face, I love how creamy and rich the cleanser is!

I also added the 31 piece beauty upgrade for $48.50 (value - $350). It came in this beautiful red bag. The pictures don't do justice to this beautiful bag. It is great quality, nice to store make up and skin care and also really stylish and pretty to carry with yourself on trips!!! 


I love the lip liners and the eyeliners. The black one is not the darkest and I love my blacks really dark but the brown is beautiful and gives you a really natural look. The lip-liners are in taupe and primrose. I love the taupe because it is a nice, subtle, neutral color but i think I will be using both the lip liners as well





This has to be my favorite mascara ever!1 it coats every single lash, no lumps and makes my lashes look longer and fuller. I am definitely a fan and buying this again!

this was the brush case and had a face brush, angled eye brush and a shadow brush, all very good quality brushes. 

The Tulip is a color that grew on me. I was unsure of this color at first and had it in my bag of gifts (I put stuff I will give away in a bag which is pretty and is called my bag of gifts lol) but then I decided to try it and I think it is really pretty. However, I cant apply it too dark,else it looks too pink!

I absolutely love this color - It is the Cassis and it suits my skintone very well! 

This is a coral. I am unsure about this color, so maybe I will gift it to someone. But who knows this may grow on me as well :) 

I love the red color nail paint and how cute it looks but I have like 3 different red nail paints and this will probably go into a gift bag. 

I really like the packaging of this nude shimmer that came in the bag but I am not a fan of shimmers so I will probably be using it on my arms and legs for night outs. It is a bit much for daytime use and I am not a shimmer/shine kind of a person. I would have given this away as well if i hadn't used it already.


Next up the bag contained a palette. I love the colors of the eye-shadows, they are subtle and beautiful as are the two blushes, they look like nice nude shades. I haven't tried them yet but can't wait to.  Hopefully they aren't too shimmery. I love the box...it is so so cute



I also received two beautiful lip glosses, the red has a great color pay off. It is a rich intense red. I usually wear the red by itself at night and during the day, I mix the red with the diamond gloss (clear with glitter). They go on smooth and last a long time!!! I love them!


Like I said I am using one of cleansers and baby oil on my skin so this make up remover will probably be a gift for someone. But it looks great and seems to have an oil base or is part oil since I can see the oil stuff floating. 


Yea or Nay - YEA!!! So I spent about $130 with shipping and tax and received products worth $481...I love most of it and what I can't use I can give it to people as presents because everything is of great quality! I also received a free gift worth $80 (in the next post) so the total value of my purchase was $481 (this post) + $80 (next post) = $560. So for me this is a great haul. 

Don’t forget to join Ipsy using my link (It is a $10 monthly subscription and you can cancel whenever you want). Please use my referral link to join Ipsy: http://www.ipsy.com/r/5e3n

Get 25% of your first bag on LBB - http://lbb.ag/g5KV


How Does Ipsy Work - It is a $10 monthly subscription and you get deluxe sized makeup and beauty products to try each month. The value of the bag is usually higher than the $10 you pay and is a great way to try new products and build up your collection. It comes in a cute little bag each month and often includes full sized products. 


How Does LBB work - LBB is a monthly subscription for $10 (or $9.95), you get to use  $10 to open a bag or save $9.95 in credit, you can skip any month before the 5th and cancel any time. The shipping is $5.95 and you get a few stylist picked items free when you bundle your item or you can open with only one item. You also get 7 days to trade items in your bag which is a lot of fun! you can go higher or trade fro things you love. I usually like to trade my free items but a lot of times, I have traded my main item if I got some awesome offers.

Here are the links to the products - http://www.elizabetharden.com/Ceramide-Capsules-Daily-Youth-Restorative-Gift-Set/10018753SP2301,default,pd.html?start=21&cgid=beauty-gift

http://www.dealmoon.com/48-50-Elizabeth-Arden-Collection-31-piece-Maximum-Color-350-Value/291012.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comments, I really would like to know how to do my blog better and if you like my posts